Learn about the Cosmos with our 3D Astrotour theatre, view planets & stars with our modern & historical telescopes.
1st – 14th July Program at the Observatory
Saturn is very close to Earth now and is a beautiful object in the telescopes.
Bookings essential for all times and events on 0429 199 312.
The Third Rock Cafe is open Tuesday – Saturday 4-7pm bookings essential
(03 5332 7526 between 4 and 7pm Tuesday – Saturday or 0429 199 312 outside these hours.)
Bookings essential – for Menu click here.
Our Science Shop is open Tuesday – Saturday 4-7pm and later on Fri- Sat if viewing is still in process.
Sun – Mon the Observatory is closed unless there is a pre – arranged booking
or special event on.
For help in planning your visit, refer to the Diary of Phenomena below and the Frequently Asked Questions.
To Subscribe to our Events listing click here to download the iCal Calendar onto your iPhone, iPad or Computer
For Information about Current & Future Projects and to make a Donation, click this link
What’s on at the Observatory
- Hello! Pluto on June 30, 2015 3:00 pm
- Guinness Book of World Records Stargazing on August 21, 2015 7:00 pm
- Festival of Slow Music – Space is the Place on August 22, 2015
- Ballarat International Foto Biennale – Celestial Kaleidoscope on August 22, 2015 2:00 pm
- Starry Summer Night – The Sci-Fi Event on January 30, 2016 6:00 pm
Diary of Astronomical Phenomena
How good is your backyard sky? Find out here- Light Pollution-What is It?