Learn about the Cosmos with our 3D Astrotour theatre, view planets & stars with our modern & historical telescopes.
April Program at the Observatory
Bookings essential for all times and events on 0429 199 312.
The Third Rock Cafe is open Tuesday – Saturday 4-7pm bookings essential
(03 5332 7526 between 4 and 7pm Tuesday – Saturday or 0429 199 312 outside these hours.)
Bookings essential – for Menu click here.
Our Science Shop is open Tuesday – Saturday 4-7pm and later on Fri- Sat if viewing is still in process.
Sun – Mon the Observatory is closed unless there is a pre – arranged booking
or special event on.
For help in planning your visit, refer to the Diary of Phenomena below and the Frequently Asked Questions.
To Subscribe to our Events listing click here to download the iCal Calendar onto your iPhone, iPad or Computer
What’s on at the Observatory
- Heritage 2015 – Conflict to Cosmos – The Story of Radio Astronomy on April 14, 2015 3:00 pm
- 25 Years – Hubble Telescope on April 24, 2015 7:00 pm
- Revealing the Cosmos – June 2015 on June 25, 2015 6:15 pm
- Guinness Book of World Records Stargazing on August 21, 2015 7:00 pm
- Ballarat International Foto Biennale – Celestial Kaleidoscope on August 22, 2015 2:00 pm
Diary of Astronomical Phenomena
How good is your backyard sky? Find out here- Light Pollution-What is It?