Learn about the Cosmos with our 3D Astrotour theatre, view planets & stars with our modern & historical telescopes.
To book a visit, contact our Science Officer, on 0429 199 312, all viewing times need to be booked.
Due to daylight savings time the following open times apply: NB The Observatory is open later if there is a booking.
Saturday 10th open from 8.30pm.
For viewing at the telescopes, the viewing start time is after 9.30pm for summer.
The Third Rock Cafe is open Tue
sday – Saturday 5-8pm bookings essential (03 5332 7526 between 5 and 8pm Tuesday – Saturday or 0429 199 312 outside these hours.) Bookings essential – for Menu click here.
Our Science Shop is open Tuesday – Saturday 5-8pm and later on Fri- Sat if viewing is still in process.
20% Discount applies to all Astrophotograpy images for January and February. Come and look at the beautiful range of images.
Sun – Mon the Observatory is closed unless there is a pre – arranged booking
or special event on.
For help in planning your visit, refer to the Diary of Phenomena below and the Frequently Asked Questions.
To Subscribe to our Events listing click here to download the iCal Calendar onto your iPhone, iPad or Computer
What’s on at the Observatory
- Summer School Holiday Program 2015 on December 23, 2014 8:00 pm
- Introduction to Astronomy Course – 2015 on January 26, 2015 5:00 pm
- Starry Summer Night – The Sci-Fi Event on January 31, 2015 6:00 pm
- Backyard Tasters – Final Event for 2015 comes to Ballarat Observatory on March 6, 2015 5:30 pm
- Starry Autumn Nights 2015 on March 28, 2015 6:00 pm
- Heritage 2015 – Conflict to Cosmos – The Story of Radio Astronomy on April 2, 2015 3:00 pm
- Yuri’s Night 2015 on April 12, 2015 6:00 pm
- Ballarat Foto Biennale on August 22, 2015 2:00 pm
Diary of Astronomical Phenomena
How good is your backyard sky? Find out here- Light Pollution-What is It?