Visit Ballarat and come to Ballarat Municipal Observatory Musuem and Learn about the Cosmos with our 3D Astrotour theatre, view planets & stars with our modern & historical telescopes.
For Things to do while in Ballarat after your visit to the Observatory ask our Demonstrators for a copy of the Visitors Guide to Ballarat.
Saturn is very close to Earth now and is a beautiful object in the telescopes.
Bookings essential for all times and events on 0429 199 312.
The Third Rock Cafe is open Tuesday – Friday 10.00am – 7.00pm. Saturday 12 noon – 7pm and at on Sunday for special events -bookings for main meals essential.
(03 5332 7526 between 4 and 7pm Tuesday – Saturday or 0429 199 312 outside these hours.)
Bookings essential – for Menu click here.
Our Science Shop is open the same hours as above.
Sun – Mon the Observatory is closed unless there is a pre – arranged booking
or special event on.
For help in planning your visit, refer to the Diary of Phenomena below and the Frequently Asked Questions.
To Subscribe to our Events listing click here to download the iCal Calendar onto your iPhone, iPad or Computer
What’s on at the Observatory
- Ballarat International Foto Biennale – Celestial Kaleidoscope on August 22, 2015 2:00 pm
- Introduction to Astronomy Course – September 2015 on September 5, 2015 5:00 pm
- School Holidays 20th Sept – 1st Oct on September 20, 2015 4:00 pm
- Starry Spring Nights 2015 on October 24, 2015 6:00 pm
- LEONIDS on November 18, 2015 6:00 pm
- Starry Summer Night – The Sci-Fi Event on January 30, 2016 6:00 pm
For Information about Current & Future Projects and to make a Donation, click this link
* Congratulations to Saeed Salimpour on being shortlisted for the David Malin Awards Category – Theme Southern Cross