- 2nd Venus is a morning object at magnitude -3.8, in Aries West of Aldebaran, distance from Earth 238,032,404km, rising at 05:48hrs AEST.
- 2nd Mars is an evening object setting just after the Sun at 19:18hrs AEST , in Gemini at mag. 1.8, dist. from Earth 363,845,879km. Too close to sun to Observe clearly.
- 2nd Mercury is a morning object in Taurus, mag. -1.1, dist. from Earth 182,229,140km, setting at 16:04hrs AEST. Too close to Sun to observe.
- 2nd Saturn is rising earlier each night, at 19:53hrs AEST, in Sagittarius, mag. 0.3 distance 1,382,245,583km. Tilt of Saturn's north pole toward Earth is 23.70 degrees.
- 2nd Jupiter rises 17:40hrs AEST, mag. -2.6 in Ophiuchus just East of Antares ( Alpha Scorpio), distance 643, 011,595km.
- 8th Luna at Perigee 09:15hrs AEST 368,505.2km.
- 22nd North Solstice (Winter) 01:55hrs AEST Sun rises 07:34 sets 17:17, the day is 9.43hrs in length, the shortest Day.
- 23rd Luna at Apogee 17:51hrs AEST 404,548.5 km.
End April -May
- 25th April Jupiter is an evening object rising at 20 :28 AEST, mag. -2.4, dist. 688,841,819km, now moving closer to Earth. East of Antares in Scorpio.
- 25th April Mars sets 20:01hr AEST, mag 1.6, dist 328,941,440km, just North of Aldebaran in Taurus.
- 29th April Lunar Apogee 04:18hr AEST, Dist. 404,580.05km.
- 25th April Venus is a morning object, rising at 04:31hr AEST, mag. -3.1, Dist. 211,547,908km, in Pisces and East of Formalhaut - Alpha Piscis Austrinus.
- 25th April Saturn is a late night object, rising at 22:27hr AEST, mag. 0.5, Dist. 1,460,219,263km, moving towards Earth.
- 25th Mercury is just East of Venus and as a morning object, rising at 04:55hr AEST , mag. -0.1, dist. 159,484,270km.
- 6th May peak of Eta Aquarid meteor shower.
- 14th May Lunar Perigee 05:51hr AEST, Dist. 369,012.68km.
- 26th May Lunar Apogee 23:25hr AEST, Dist. 404,137.2km.
- 8th Luna Apogee 15:29hrs AEST dist. 404,146.6km.
- 2oth Jupiter rises 18:49hrs AEST in Libra dist. 667,638,939km Mag, -2.5 just West of Antares, Alpha Scorpio
- 2oth Mars rises at 22:27hrs AEST dist. 139,825,106km Mag. -0.1, Just East of Saturn in Sagittarius.
- 2oth Saturn rises 21:46hrs, dist. 1,442,388,191km Mag.0.4, in Sagittarius near the centre of the Milky Way and West of Mars.
- 2oth Venus rises 08:57hrs AEST, dist. 223,729,550km Mag -3.9, just East of the Sun in Taurus, 90.52% illuminated.
- 2oth Mercury rises 04:49hrs AEST, dist. 107,975,520km Mag 0.8, West of the Sun.
- 21st Luna at Perigee 00:39hrs AEST 368,713.4 km.
- 22nd peak of Lyrids Meteor shower.
- ANT during April
- 18th Jupiter is a late evening object rising 22:03hr AEDT, Distance 716,935,362km. Magnitude -2.3. East of Spica.
- 18th Mars rises at 00:18hr AEDT, distance 184,685,893km. Magnitude 0.5. In Sagittarius.
- 18th Venus rises at 08:42hr AEDT, too close to Sun to Observe. Distance 242.421,166km, Magnitude -3.9. In Pisces.
- 18th Saturn rises 00:56hr AEDT. Distance 1,525,730,399km, Magnitude o.5. Tilt of Nth Pole towards Earth 25.59 degrees. In Sagittarius, close to the centre of our Galaxy, The Milky Way.
- 18th Mercury very close to Venus, magnitude 0.2 rising 08:54 AEDT too close to the sun to observe. distance from Earth 124,276,641km.
- 27th Luna at Perigee 04:14hr AEDT 369,114.8 km.
- 21st Northward Equinox 03:16hr AEDT.
- 31st Blue Moon
- 1st April Daylight Savings ends.
- 5th Lunar Apogee 20:29hr AEDT, Dist. 406,551.5km.
- 8th Jupiter morning object rising earlier at 02 :06 AEDT, mag. -1.9, dist. 862,657,977km, now moving closer to Earth. East of Antares in Scorpio.
- 8th Mars sets 23:23hr AEDT, mag 1.0, dist 237,140,308km, in Pisces. Uranus just east of Mars.
- 8th Venus is a morning object, rising at 03:17hr AEDT, mag. -4.3, Dist. 137,414,353km, in Sagittarius.
- 8th Saturn is a morning object, rising at 04:03hr AEDT, mag. 0.6, Dist. 1,626,337,498km, moving towards Earth.
- 8th Mercury is an Evening object, setting at 21:00hr AEDT , mag. -1.3, :dist. 200,435,771km East of Saturn.
- 19th Lunar Perigee 20:00hr AEDT, Dist. 356,762.8km, a 'supermoon'.
- 3rd Earth closest to the sun, 147,099,760km.
- 7th Latest sunset for the year 20.52hr AEDT.
- 17th Jupiter morning object rising at 03:17 AEDT, mag. -1.8, dist. 903,367,730km. East of Antares in Scorpio.
- 17th Mars sets 00:11hr AEDT, mag 0.7, dist 209,338,525km, in Pisces.
- 17th Venus is a morning object, rising at 03:09hr AEDT, mag. -4.8, Dist. 113.380,759km.
- 17th Saturn is a morning object, rising at 05:18hr AEDT, mag. 0.5, Dist. 1,647,566.815km.
- 17th Mercury is a morning object, rising at 05:33hr AEDT , mag. -o.8, dist. 211,592,169km East of Saturn.
- 22nd Lunar Perigee 06:59hr AEDT, Dist. 357,343.6km.
- 4th Luna at Perigee 19:49hr AEDT 357,493.9 km.
- 5th Jupiter is a morning object rising 05:00hr AEDT, Distance 941,130, 059km. Magnitude -1.7.
- 5th Mars is an early miorning object, rises 04:12hr AEDT, distance 330,679,493km. Magnitude 1.7.
- 5th Venus rises 05:59hr AEDT, distance 250,912,916km, Magnitude -3.9. In Libra.
- 5th Mercury is an evening object in Sagittarius, mag. -0.1, Distance 129,670,998km. Sets 22:15hr AEDT.
- 6th Earliest sunrise for the year 06:29hr AEST.
- 14th Peak Geminids Meteor Shower, north after midnight.
- 19th Luna Apogee 12:25hr AEDT 406,598.7km.
- 22nd South Solistice 03:28 hr AEDT.
- 6th Lunar Perigee 11:11hr AEDT, Dsit. 361,438.7km.
- 14th Jupiter morning object rising at 05:56 AEDT, mag. -1.7, dist. 956,287,899km. East of Spica and close to Venus on the 14th.
- 14th Venus morning object, rising at 05:58hr AEDT, mag. -3.9, Dist. 245,848,020km.
- 14th Saturn is an evening object, setting at 22:58hr AEDT, mag. 0.5, Dist. 1,625,632,850km.
- 14th Mercury is and evening object, setting at 22:04AEDT NE of Antares in Scorpio, mag. -o.3, dist. 180,385,887km.
- 14th Luna at Perigee 22:23hr AEDT 356,511.8 km.
- 18th Leonids Meteor shower peak.
- 22nd Luna Apogee 05:53hr AEDT 406,128.9km.
- 1st Mercury magnitude -1.4, setting at 18:20hrs AEST, dist. 200,987,549km, very close to the Sun.
- 1st Venus is a morning object rising at 05:20hrs AEST, illuminated 90.72% at magnitude -3.9, in Leo, distance 223,676,838km.
- 1st Mars is also a morning object in Leo East of Venus rising at 05:28hrs AEST, magnitude 1.8, dist. 381,948,277km on it's way towards a close approach in 2018.
- 1st Saturn transits 17.31 hrs AEST, in Ophiuchus, mag. 0.3 dist. 1,539,215,620km, sets 00:34hrs AEST.
- 1st Jupiter in Virgo, mag. -1.7, dist. 953,617,219km, sets 20:20hrs AEST.
- 9th Luna at Perigee 15:53hrs AEST 366,859.1 km.
- 21st Peak of Orionids Meteor Shower NE after midnight.
- 25th Luna at Apogee 12:27hrs AEST 405,152.2km.
- 7th Luna at Apogee 04:46 AEST 405,054.2km.
- 12th Venus is an evening object setting at 20:22 AEST at magnitude -3.9, in Virgo, distance from Earth 220,429,435km.
- 12th Mars, in Cancer just North of Venus, is an evening object and moving away from Earth, mag. -0.1 dist. from Earth 143,638,642km, sets 01:49 AEST on the 13th.
- 12th Mercury is too close tot the Sun to observe.
- 12th Saturn sets at 01:46AEST on the 13th, in Ophiuchus, mag. 0.5 distance 1,519,626,657km.
- 12th Jupiter too close to the Sun to observe.
- 23rd Southward Equinox 00:22 AEST.
- 19th Luna at Perigee 03:01 AEST 361,894.1 km.
- Meteor shower peaks are best viewed from the Northern Hemisphere during August. Perseids Meter shower
- 8th Mercury magnitude 0.8, setting at 19:48hrs AEST, dist. 111,896,867km, in the telescope a beautiful phased shaped 31.6% illuminated.
- 8th Venus is a morning object illuminated 76.6% at magnitude -4.0, in Gemini, distance 178,641,741km.
- 8th Mars is also a morning object in Cancer East of Venus and rising earlier each evening, magnitude 1.7 dist. 397,626,909km
- 8th Saturn transits 20:35 hrs AEST, in Ophiuchus, mag. 0.3 dist. 1,446,029,614km, sets Aug 9th 03:53hrs AEST.
- 8th Jupiter in Virgo, mag. -1.8, dist. 1,412,107,036km, sets 22:45hrs AEST.
- 18th Luna at Perigee 23:17hrs AEST 366,124.7 km.
- 30th Luna at Apogee 21:27hrs AEST 404,308.5km.