- 13th Luna at Apogee 15:25 AEST 404,273.6km.
- 17th Venus an visible evening object towards the middle of the month at magnitude -3.9, in Cancer, distance from Earth 252,581,369km, sets 18:20AEST, Mercury & Venus very close.
- 1st Mars, in Libra, too close to Sun to view, mag. 1.6 dist. from Earth 386,583,977km, sets 16:55 AEST.
- 17th Mercury evening object in Cancer, mag. -0.1, dist. from Earth 192,602,051km, sets 18:20AEST.
- 17th Saturn is rising at 16:06AEST, in Ophiochus, mag. 0.2 distance 1,389,071,736km AEST. Brilliant viewing on a frosty night!
- 17th Jupiter in Leo rises at 10:16 AEST, mag. -1.8 West of Regulus, Alpha Leonis, distance 893,464,635km, sets 21:55AEST.
- 27th Luna at Perigee 21:39 AEST369,661.4 km.
- 1st Venus is a morning object at magnitude -3.9, in Taurus, distance from Earth 259,457,048km, rising at 07:19hrs AEST.
- 1st Mars is an evening object rising at 16:10hrs AEST , in Libra at mag. -2.0, dist. from Earth 75,303,024km.
- 1st Mercury morning object in Aries, mag. 5.3, dist. from Earth 110,674,257km, rising at 05:26 hrs AEST.
- 1st Saturn is rising at 17:22hrs AEST, in Ophiuchus, the Serpent Handler, mag. 0.0 distance 1,348,731,497km, sets 2 June 07:47hrs AEST.
- 1st Jupiter in Cancer rises at 13:04hrs AEST, mag. -2.1 East of Regulus, Alpha Leonis, in Leo distance 791, 738,068km, sets 2 June 00:32hrs AEST.
- 3rd Luna at Perigee 20:54hrs AEST 361,138.0 km.
- 14th Luna at Apogee 21:59hrs AEST 405,025.0km.
- 21st North Solstice (Winter) 08:35hrs AEST
- Eta Aquarids Meteor shower begins, peak 5th May
- 6th Luna at Perigee 14:12hrs AEST 357,830.2 km.
- 9th Jupiter rises 14:33hrs AEST dist. 739,503,217km.
- 9th Mars rises 18:11hrs AEST dist. 81,535,210km
- 9th Saturn rises 16:58hrs, dist. 1,362,663,137km.
- 9th Venus 06:29hrs , dist. 256,044,893km.
- 9th Transit of Mercury begins 21:12hrs AEST not visible but can watch online at Observatory
- Mercury rises 07:16hrs , sets 17:32hrs dist. 83,531,520km.
- 19th Luna Apogee 08:04hrs AEST dist. 405,930.8km.
- 2nd Jupiter rises 18:33hrs AEST dist. 667,509,646km Mag, -2.5 just West of Spica, Alpha Virgo
- 2nd Mars sets 19:49hrs AEST dist. 334,675.326km Mag. 1.5, Just East of Sun, too close to view.
- 2nd Saturn rises 22:15hrs, dist. 1,459,040,133km Mag.0.4, in Sagittarius near the centre of the Milky Way.
- 2nd Venus 05:49hrs AEST, dist. 43,444,775km Mag -4.2, just West of the Sun in Pisces, 2.92% illuminated.
- 2nd Mercury rises 08:14hrs AEST, dist. 130,230,456km Mag 0.0, just East of the sun and too close to view.
- 8th C/2015 ER61 Panstarrs is visible in binoculars before sunrise, Perihelion 9th May 22:34hrs AEST.
- 15th Luna Apogee 20:05hrs AEST dist. 405,478.7km.
- 19th Eta Aquarids Meteor shower begins, peak 6th May.
- 28th Luna at Perigee 02:17hrs AEST 359,329.1 km.
- Antihelion source of meteors
- 10th Jupiter is an evening object rising 21:10hr AEDT, Distance 686,932,553km. Magnitude -2.4. Just North of Spica,
- 10th Mars in Virgo sets 21:36hr AEDT, distance 313,004,361km. Magnitude 1.4. Very distant orange dot. In Aries.
- 10th Venus sets 23:47hr AEDT, too close to Sun to Observe. Distance 47,046,052km, Magnitude -4.6. In Pisces.
- 10th Saturn rises 00:43hr AEDT. Distance 1,517,275,552km, Magnitude o.5. Tilt of Nth Pole towards Earth 26.48 degrees. In Sagitarrius, close to the centre of our Galaxy, The Milky Way.
- 10th Mercury is too close to the sun to observe.
- 19th Luna at Apogee 04:24hr AEDT 404,651.9 km.
- 2oth Northward Equinox 21:29hr AEDT.
- 25th Venus at Inferior conjunction, between the Earth & Sun.
- 30th Luna Apogee 23:34hr AEDT 363,856.0km.
- 13th Luna at Perigee 10:30hr AEDT 358,465.3 km.
- 14th Jupiter is a morning object rising 02:35hr AEDT, Distance 869,846, 132km. Magnitude -1.8.
- 14th Mars in Virgo sets 0:35hr AEDT, distance 228,147,394km. Magnitude 0.7.
- 14th Venus sets 23:47hr AEDT, distance 134,083,170km, Magnitude -4.2. In Capricorn.
- 14th Mercury is an evening object in Sagittarius, mag. -0.3, Distance 138,822,258km. Sets 22:16hr AEDT.
- 14th Peak Geminids Meteor Shower, north after midnight, East of the Full Moon.
- 21st South Solistice 21:45 hr AEST.
- 25th Luna Apogee 16:54hr AEDT 404,868.1km.
- 11th Jupiter is a morning object rising at 04:34 AEDT, mag. -1.7, dist. 931,485 153km. 25th & 26th West of Spica and close to thin crescent Moon.
- 11th Venus evening object, setting at 23:21hr AEDT, mag. -4.1, Dist. 168,637,090km.
- 11th Saturn West of Venus, setting 22:14hr AEDT,mag. 0.5, Dist. 1,633,581,675km.
- 11th Mercury is too close to the sun to observe a morning object in Libra, West of Antares in Scorpio, mag. -o.7, dist. 212,773,729km.
- 14th Luna at Perigee 22:23hr AEDT 356,511.8 km.
- 18th Leonids Meteor shower peak.
- 28th Luna Apogee 07:08hr AEDT 406,552.8km.
- 7th Luna at Apogee 04:46 AEST 405,054.2km.
- 12th Venus is an evening object setting at 20:22 AEST at magnitude -3.9, in Virgo, distance from Earth 220,429,435km.
- 12th Mars, in Cancer just North of Venus, is an evening object and moving away from Earth, mag. -0.1 dist. from Earth 143,638,642km, sets 01:49 AEST on the 13th.
- 12th Mercury is too close tot the Sun to observe.
- 12th Saturn sets at 01:46AEST on the 13th, in Ophiuchus, mag. 0.5 distance 1,519,626,657km.
- 12th Jupiter too close to the Sun to observe.
- 23rd Southward Equinox 00:22 AEST.
- 19th Luna at Perigee 03:01 AEST 361,894.1 km.
- 10th Luna at Apogee 10:07 AEST 404,264.3km.
- 12th Peak of Perseid Meteor Shower
- 14 Venus, Mercury and juipter are early evening objects after sunset in the West. Venus at magnitude -3.9, in Leo, distance from Earth 240, 108,551km, sets 19:19AEST,
- 14th Mercury just East of Venus, distance 143.146,340, sets 20:05AEST, magnitude 0.2.
- 14th Mars, in Scorpio, moves into Ophiuchus by the 22nd. Is a morning object and moving away from the Earth, mag. -0.6 dist. from Earth 118,238,760km, sets 02:29 AEST.
- 14th Mercury is an evening object in Leo, mag. -0.1, dist. from Earth 197,701,350km, sets 18:28 AEST
- 14th Saturn rising at 12:17AEST, in Ophiuchus, mag. 0.4 distance 1,446,029,614km, sets Aug 15th 02:40AEST.
- 14th Jupiter in Virgo, mag. -1.7, distance 937,352,557km, sets 20:32AEST.
- 22nd Luna at Perigee 11:19 AEST367,049.5 km.