Capturing the Cosmos 6.oopm 15th June 2016
This session will look at some of the recent developments in Radio Astronomy and Mapping the Heavens currently being undertaken in Australia,
in the form of our new movie Capturing the Cosmos with updates about the Mt Pleasant Radio Telescope.
Past Professional Development Sessions
Predictable Phenomena on Earth including Eclipses – 26th March 2014
- Sessions: 4.30pm, 6.30pm.
- A total eclipse of the Moon will occur on the 15th April and an Annular eclipse of the Sun on the 29th April.
- The total eclipse falls in the school holidays with the annular eclipse in term time.
- This session will address VELS covering predictable phenomena on Earth, including seasons and eclipses, caused by the relative positions of the sun, Earth and the moon.
- *investigating natural phenomena such as lunar and solar eclipses, seasons and phases of the moon
* comparing times for the rotation of Earth, the sun and moon, and comparing the times for the orbits of Earth and the moon
* modelling the relative movements of the Earth, sun and moon and how natural phenomena such as solar and lunar eclipses and phases of the moon occur
* explaining why different regions of the Earth experience different seasonal conditions
- Also covered will be the resources available at the Observatory for school students during a visit to the Observatory. Booking can be made on 5332 7526 or email email@example.com
- Cost is free, refreshments $5.