- 1st Mercury magnitude 0.0, rises 06:51hrs AEST, dist. 149,677,923km, very close to the Sun, sets 20:43hrs AEST.
- 1st Venus is a morning object rising at 04:17hrs AEST, illuminated 71.61% at magnitude -4.1, in Leo, distance 160,537,470km.
- 1st Mars is an evening object in Pisces rising at 19:38hrs AEST on 30th Sept, sets 07:09 hrs AEST 1st Oct. Magnitude -2.5, dist. 62,421,392km on it's way towards a close approach on 6th Oct distance 62,077,898km mag. -2.6.
- 1st Saturn transits 12:16 hrs AEST, in Sagittarius, mag. 0.5 dist. 1,445,447,106km, sets 02:47hrs AEST.
- 1st Jupiter in Sagitarrius, mag. -2.4, dist. 727,789,061km, rises 11:40hrs AEST.
- 4th Luna at Apogee 03:24hrs AEST 406.321.4 km.
- 17th Luna at Perigee 10:49hrs AEDT 356,915.9km.
- 21st Peak of Orionids Meteor Shower NE after midnight.
- 7th Luna at Apogee 04:46 AEST 405,054.2km.
- 12th Venus is an evening object setting at 20:22 AEST at magnitude -3.9, in Virgo, distance from Earth 220,429,435km.
- 12th Mars, in Cancer just North of Venus, is an evening object and moving away from Earth, mag. -0.1 dist. from Earth 143,638,642km, sets 01:49 AEST on the 13th.
- 12th Mercury is too close tot the Sun to observe.
- 12th Saturn sets at 01:46AEST on the 13th, in Ophiuchus, mag. 0.5 distance 1,519,626,657km.
- 12th Jupiter too close to the Sun to observe.
- 23rd Southward Equinox 00:22 AEST.
- 19th Luna at Perigee 03:01 AEST 361,894.1 km.
- Meteor shower peaks are best viewed from the Northern Hemisphere during August. Perseids Meter shower
- 8th Mercury magnitude 0.8, setting at 19:48hrs AEST, dist. 111,896,867km, in the telescope a beautiful phased shaped 31.6% illuminated.
- 8th Venus is a morning object illuminated 76.6% at magnitude -4.0, in Gemini, distance 178,641,741km.
- 8th Mars is also a morning object in Cancer East of Venus and rising earlier each evening, magnitude 1.7 dist. 397,626,909km
- 8th Saturn transits 20:35 hrs AEST, in Ophiuchus, mag. 0.3 dist. 1,446,029,614km, sets Aug 9th 03:53hrs AEST.
- 8th Jupiter in Virgo, mag. -1.8, dist. 1,412,107,036km, sets 22:45hrs AEST.
- 18th Luna at Perigee 23:17hrs AEST 366,124.7 km.
- 30th Luna at Apogee 21:27hrs AEST 404,308.5km.
- 5th Luna at Perigee 15:00hrs AEST 363,726.3km.
- 11th Venus is a morning object at magnitude -3.9, in Gemini East of Betelgeuse, distance from Earth 254,908,141km, rising at 07:00hrs AEST.
- 11th Mars is an evening object setting just after the Sun at 18:45hrs AEST , in Cancer at mag. 1.8, dist. from Earth 388,826,129km.
- 11th Mercury is a an early evening object just West of Mars, mag. 2.7, dist. from Earth 90,366,690km, setting at 18:47hrs AEST.
- 11th Saturn is rising at 17:04hrs AEST, in Sagittarius, mag. 0.1 distance 1,351,334,522km. Tilt of Saturn's north pole toward Earth is 24.39 degrees.
- 11th Jupiter transits at 22:07hrs AEST, mag. -2.5 in Ophiuchus just East of Antares ( Alpha Scorpio), distance 659,112,333km.
- 17th Partial Eclipse of the Moon
- 21st 12:56pm Anniversary 50th First Foot on the Moon
- 21st Luna at Apogee 10:02hrs AEST 405,478.6 km.
- 2nd Venus is a morning object at magnitude -3.8, in Aries West of Aldebaran, distance from Earth 238,032,404km, rising at 05:48hrs AEST.
- 2nd Mars is an evening object setting just after the Sun at 19:18hrs AEST , in Gemini at mag. 1.8, dist. from Earth 363,845,879km. Too close to sun to Observe clearly.
- 2nd Mercury is a morning object in Taurus, mag. -1.1, dist. from Earth 182,229,140km, setting at 16:04hrs AEST. Too close to Sun to observe.
- 2nd Saturn is rising earlier each night, at 19:53hrs AEST, in Sagittarius, mag. 0.3 distance 1,382,245,583km. Tilt of Saturn's north pole toward Earth is 23.70 degrees.
- 2nd Jupiter rises 17:40hrs AEST, mag. -2.6 in Ophiuchus just East of Antares ( Alpha Scorpio), distance 643, 011,595km.
- 8th Luna at Perigee 09:15hrs AEST 368,505.2km.
- 22nd North Solstice (Winter) 01:55hrs AEST Sun rises 07:34 sets 17:17, the day is 9.43hrs in length, the shortest Day.
- 23rd Luna at Apogee 17:51hrs AEST 404,548.5 km.
End April -May
- 25th April Jupiter is an evening object rising at 20 :28 AEST, mag. -2.4, dist. 688,841,819km, now moving closer to Earth. East of Antares in Scorpio.
- 25th April Mars sets 20:01hr AEST, mag 1.6, dist 328,941,440km, just North of Aldebaran in Taurus.
- 29th April Lunar Apogee 04:18hr AEST, Dist. 404,580.05km.
- 25th April Venus is a morning object, rising at 04:31hr AEST, mag. -3.1, Dist. 211,547,908km, in Pisces and East of Formalhaut - Alpha Piscis Austrinus.
- 25th April Saturn is a late night object, rising at 22:27hr AEST, mag. 0.5, Dist. 1,460,219,263km, moving towards Earth.
- 25th Mercury is just East of Venus and as a morning object, rising at 04:55hr AEST , mag. -0.1, dist. 159,484,270km.
- 6th May peak of Eta Aquarid meteor shower.
- 14th May Lunar Perigee 05:51hr AEST, Dist. 369,012.68km.
- 26th May Lunar Apogee 23:25hr AEST, Dist. 404,137.2km.
- 8th Luna Apogee 15:29hrs AEST dist. 404,146.6km.
- 2oth Jupiter rises 18:49hrs AEST in Libra dist. 667,638,939km Mag, -2.5 just West of Antares, Alpha Scorpio
- 2oth Mars rises at 22:27hrs AEST dist. 139,825,106km Mag. -0.1, Just East of Saturn in Sagittarius.
- 2oth Saturn rises 21:46hrs, dist. 1,442,388,191km Mag.0.4, in Sagittarius near the centre of the Milky Way and West of Mars.
- 2oth Venus rises 08:57hrs AEST, dist. 223,729,550km Mag -3.9, just East of the Sun in Taurus, 90.52% illuminated.
- 2oth Mercury rises 04:49hrs AEST, dist. 107,975,520km Mag 0.8, West of the Sun.
- 21st Luna at Perigee 00:39hrs AEST 368,713.4 km.
- 22nd peak of Lyrids Meteor shower.
- ANT during April
- 11th Lunar Perigee 06:27hr AEDT, Dist. 360,467.0km.
- 1st Jupiter morning object rising earlier at 04 :20 AEDT, mag. -1.9, dist. 907.339,577km. East Antares in Scorpio and Mars.
- 1st Mars sets 02:33hr AEDT, mag 1.4, dist 291,233,783km close to Antares, they look similar in colour.
- 1st Venus is a morning object, rising at 22:31hr AEDT, mag. -4.1, Dist. 162,8837,292km, in aquarius.
- 1st Saturn is a morning object, rising at 05:15hr AEDT, mag. 0.6, Dist. 1,641,221,960km, tilt of north pole toward Earth 22.56 degrees.
- 1st Mercury is an evening object, setting at 21:27hr AEDT , mag. -1.0, dist. 177,767,633km East of Saturn.
- 11th Lunar Perigee 06:27hr AEDT, Dist. 360,467.0km.
- 26th Lunar Apogee 21:35hr AEDT, Dist. 406,276.6km.
- 3rd Earth closest to the sun, 147,099,760km.
- 7th Latest sunset for the year 20.52hr AEDT.
- 17th Jupiter morning object rising at 03:17 AEDT, mag. -1.8, dist. 903,367,730km. East of Antares in Scorpio.
- 17th Mars sets 00:11hr AEDT, mag 0.7, dist 209,338,525km, in Pisces.
- 17th Venus is a morning object, rising at 03:09hr AEDT, mag. -4.8, Dist. 113.380,759km.
- 17th Saturn is a morning object, rising at 05:18hr AEDT, mag. 0.5, Dist. 1,647,566.815km.
- 17th Mercury is a morning object, rising at 05:33hr AEDT , mag. -o.8, dist. 211,592,169km East of Saturn.
- 22nd Lunar Perigee 06:59hr AEDT, Dist. 357,343.6km.
- 5th Luna at Apogee 15:11hr AEDT 404,445.1km.
- 5th Jupiter is a low evening object for the first week then is not observable for several weeks when it will become a morning object. Distance 925,285,705km. Magnitude -1.8.
- 10th Mars is an early morning object, rises 04:02hr AEDT, distance 349,142,713km. Magnitude 1.7.
- 5th Venus sets 22.54hr AEDT, distance 208,751,799km, Magnitude -3.9. In Libra.
- 10th Mercury is a morning object in Libra, mag. -0.6, Distance 185,306,601km. Rises 04.58hr AEDT.
- 7th Earliest sunrise for the year 05:53hr AEST.
- 14th Peak Geminids Meteor Shower, north after midnight.
- 19th Luna Perigee 07:32hr AEDT 370,259.1km.
- 22nd South Solistice 03:20 hr AEDT.
- 7th Lunar Apogee 17:37hr AEDT, Dist. 405,060.0km.
- 6th Jupiter is an evening object setting at 23:25hr AEDT, mag. -1.9, dist. 890,197,938km. East of Antares in Scorpio.
- 6th Venus is an evening object setting at 21:54hr AEDT, mag. -3.8, Dist. 231,569,312km.
- 6th Saturn is an evening object, setting at 00:55hr AEDT, mag. 0.6, Dist. 1,563,652,634km. Tilt of North Pole to Earth 24.88 degrees.
- 6th Mercury setting 21:15hr AEDT just after the Sun and will transit the Sun in the western Hemisphere (not in Australia) on the 11th. Mag. 1.9, dist. 106,446,512km.
- 18th Leonids Meteor shower peak predawn. Waning Gibbous Moon.
- 22nd Monocerotids Meteor Shower Peak in the evening.
- 23rd Luna at Perigee 16:38hr AEDT 366,721.2 km.