These school holidays, visit the Ballarat Observatory and learn about Saturn, the jewel of our Solar System. Why does this gas giant have such majestic rings, that have existed for billions of years? What is so mysterious about its army of moons? Have fun making ballon models of Saturn and Jupiter and comparing them to Earth!
If planets are not your thing, why not build a Galileo Telescope?
19th September 2013
24th September 2013
26th September 2013
27th September 2013
1st October 2013
– 5:45pm – 6:00pm – Make model balloons of Saturn, Jupiter and Earth
– 6:00pm – 6:15pm – Make a Galileo Telescope* – (Only 2 left)
– 6:15pm – 6:45pm – 3D Movie about our Solar System and missions to the planets
– 6:45pm – 7:00pm – Tour of the observatory and viewing at the telescopes (weather permitting)
Family of 4: $45
Family (2 Adults, 3-4 Children): $50
* Additional cost of making a Galileo telescope: $55 per telescope (Only 2 left)